Frozen Tundra Dynasty League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frozen Tundra Dynasty League

Home of the Frozen Tundra Dynasty League!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

League Settings

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

League Settings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:10 pm

Anybody have any thoughts on changing all the C and W positions into F spots so position eligibility doesn't matter so much with the forwards? I know it's kinda radical, but in the actual NHL forwards shift btw the center and wing spots all the time.
Back to top Go down
tay353ca

tay353ca

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:46 pm

I completely agree with that last comment... all F spots would completely solve the problem and it is true that in the NHL, forwards move around all the time based on team needs.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:31 am

mafkenner wrote:
Anybody have any thoughts on changing all the C and W positions into F spots so position eligibility doesn't matter so much with the forwards? I know it's kinda radical, but in the actual NHL forwards shift btw the center and wing spots all the time.

Eh maybe; most people have paid already so if only a few object we probably couldnt do it.

On another another CBS wont let me set it up: 3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 2 W. I only allows LW/RW or W. What we can do is:

2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 2 F, 4 D, 2 G, 4 BN, eh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:35 am

I am fine with those settings. The only problem I have is what will be the basis of challenges to move players to different positions.

I have also played on CBS in the past with LW, RW, and C positions and CBS sucks at classifying the proper positions.

If we go with the suggestion above based on faceoffs I dont feel that is an accurate barometer. Case in point is Jarome Iginla, he is most definatley a RW but takes a lot of faceoffs. That would mean he could be dual eligable as a C and RW under that rule.
Back to top Go down
gdon

gdon

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:20 pm

The reason I came up with that logic for my league is based on gameplay. With the trap and Left wing lock and all the other systems being devised, no one skates up and down their wing anymore. The only time a position means anything anymore is when they drop the puck. There's a C a guy to his right and a guy to his left(that's not even all the time.) So really the only way you know a guy is a C is if he takes faceoffs. But I agree it's not the most accurate just the best of a bad situation.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Went through some CBS stuff; I looked at the follwoing LWs to see where they are eligible at:

OV, Zetterberg, Kovo, Daniel Sedin, Morrow, Prospal, Nash, Plekanec, Frolov, Hus, Karyia, Vanek, Whitey, Brunette, Tkachuk, Tanguay, and Erat. I then stopped. Those were the top 17 scoring LWs and all were only LW eligible. Stilliman is only C eligible aswell. It doesnt seem like much dual eligiblity so I think it is best we go with that.

So: 2 Cs, 2 LWs, 2 RWs, 2 Fs, 4 D, 2 G, 4 BN, 2 IR is what I think is the best.
Back to top Go down
tay353ca

tay353ca

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:33 pm

wasnt it 3 C's??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:06 pm

Awesome - it looks like we are ready to go!!! Just to clarify tay353ca's question - are the final settings going to be:

2 Cs, 2 LWs, 2 RWs, 2 Fs, 4 D, 2 G, 4 BN, 2 IR or
3 Cs, 2 LWs, 2 RWs, 2 Fs, 4 D, 2 G, 4 BN, 2 IR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:27 pm

pretty sure it was just a typo on Luis' part.

3 Cs
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:26 pm

I meant 2 Cs although I dont really cared. I just figured the main reason we had 3 Cs was because there were so many. With 2 F spots that now gives you the opp. to play 4 Cs. It also allows for 4 bench spots instead of 3; we are kinda of low of bench spots to begin. If yall want 3 Cs though Im cool; doesnt matter to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:38 pm

Oops, sorry Luis!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:43 pm

Let's just go with 2 C's to keep the consistency.

Every other position (except for D) has 2 starting spots, might as well keep the C's with two also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:52 pm

Yeah, I'm good with 2 C spots and 2 F spots instead of 3 C's and 2 W spots.

my bad scratch
Back to top Go down
tay353ca

tay353ca

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:10 pm

The Idea of 3 Cs, 2 LWs, 2 RWs and 2 Fs was to have 9 forwards, or 3 lines per team... Taking away a centreman doesn't make sense if that is what we are going for... 4 D makes sense because 2 defense pairings. That's just the way I look at it anyways...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:14 pm

I like the idea of 3C's too... (or 3 F)
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 3:03 pm

I guess we can do 3 Cs, 2 RWs, 2 LWs, 2 Fs, 4 D, 2 G, 3 BN, 3 IR
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:33 pm

gdon wrote:
I'm commish on a CBS site and they suck at multi-eligibility. They list everyone as C basically. Stillman is a C on CBS and I don't think he's taken a faceoff in 5 years. Gruffalo raises a good point, especially when it comes to LW and RW. In my league we just have W or C. And I was tired of guys saying so and so is a W. So I institituted this rule....

6c Players are drafted at the position they are listed under in the CBS sportsline database, regardless of whether that player plays multiple positions. If an owner feels a player has eligibility at another position, the onus is on that owner to provide proof. In order for a forward to have dual eligibility, the player must have played 5 games in the previous year or 5 games in the current year at another position. To be considered a C a player must have taken at least 5 faceoffs in one game for him to be considered a C for that game. If he played and did not take 5 faceoffs, he is considered a winger for that one game. The owner must provide the league with dates to confirm the 5 game eligibility. Finding a player’s name on a depth chart on some guy’s blog is not going to cut it.
Faceoff stats for each game can be found on nhl.com/scores. Click on official superstats or faceoff chart.

It puts the onus on the owner to find the evidence. I'm not recommending this for this league because it doesn't take into account Left or Right Wing. Hopefully this year CBS will be better and this will be a non-factor but it is something to watch out for. If Yahoo does a better job maybe someone can check that site and the commish can make the final call.

KFH

Starting to see what you mean; after these elite guys some of these positions are brutal. I just made a short list of wingers I like and went to CBS nad over half of them only qualify at center, lol.
Back to top Go down
gdon

gdon

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:39 pm

Yeah it seems when they don't know, they just put them at C.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:40 pm

gdon wrote:
Yeah it seems when they don't know, they just put them at C.

yea...definetly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:48 pm

Just an FYI:

The settings on the CBS site are currently showing PPG as a category, but we originally had the category set as PPP... We will have to change this before the season starts.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:45 pm

thanks; not sure how I missed that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League Settings   League Settings - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

League Settings
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2