Frozen Tundra Dynasty League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frozen Tundra Dynasty League

Home of the Frozen Tundra Dynasty League!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula Empty
PostSubject: Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula   Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 3:27 pm

Alright it gets tricky here so read carefully. For the top 3 picks each year we decided to use a lottery type system. It is still favored for last place to pick 1st, but an outside chance remains non the less. Basically it will be like this: We will use this site http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm; same for the draft order. Say dudes finishes last, codename 15th, and myself 14th.

I will set the system to 6 teams: Team A, B, C, D, E, and Team Gonzo. I generate order. Say I finish 4th, that is 4 pts for me. I do the exact same thing 2 more times and get a 5 and a 6. 4th + 5th + 6th = 15. I finish with 15 pts.

Then I will set it to 6 teams again: Team A, B, C, D, E, and Team Codename. He comes in 2nd. Then I do the exact same thing 5 more times and draw 3rd, 5th, 1st, 1st, 4th. Add them up and you get 16 pts.

Then I will set it to 6 teams again: Team A, B, C, D, E, and Team dudes. He comes in 4th. Then I do the exact same thing 6 more times and draw 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 3rd. Add them up and you get 18 pts.

Dudes - 18
Code - 16
Gonzo - 15

Thus dudes picks 1st, code 2nd, and myself 3rd. We may tweak the actualy number before the season, but it will be something like that.

1st - 3rd: Draft Lottery
4th Selection: 13th Place
5th Selection: 12th Place
6th Selection: 11th Place
7th Selection: 10th Place
8th Selection: 9th Place
9th Selection: 8th Place
10th Selection: 7th Place
11th Selection: The loser in the quarter finals (1st Round) with the worse regular season record.
12th Selection: The loser in the quarter finals (1st Round) with the better regular season record.
13th Selection: The loser of the 3rd Place Game.
14th Selection: The winner of the 3rd Place Game.
1st and 2nd
15th Selection: The loser of the Championship Game.
16th Selection: The Champion of FTD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula   Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 3:14 am

aw shucks, i'm flattered pig
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula   Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:54 pm

Montreal - 5
STB - 12
Team Gruff - 10

after first 3; STB is done
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula   Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:12 pm

mon - 18
gruff - 22

monteral is done and gruff obviously won so order ddint change

stb with 3rd pick
montreal with 2nd
gruff with 1st
Back to top Go down
tay353ca

tay353ca

PostSubject: Re: Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula   Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:05 am

Can you post the full draft order Luis? I just want to know where I'm picking and don't remember which place I got..
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula   Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:32 pm

you dont pick til 100
Back to top Go down
olympctm

olympctm

PostSubject: Re: Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula   Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:18 pm

Do we know this draft sequence yet? With names in their positions I mean.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hockeycalgary.com
KnucklePuck

KnucklePuck

PostSubject: Re: Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula   Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:55 am

Probably, but with Matt not being around it means Luis has to do everything....unless he names a replacement assistant commissioner.
Back to top Go down
olympctm

olympctm

PostSubject: Re: Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula   Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:26 am

Luis,

get Taylor to Co-Comish with you. I have played with him in leagues for a number of years and he is really good that way, he's always around and never wins shit so you don't have to worry about people thinking there is something fishy going on in the background!
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula   Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:27 am

actaually asked him like 2 days ago, lol
Back to top Go down
olympctm

olympctm

PostSubject: Re: Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula   Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:28 am

And he has not got back to you?? I'll text him and tell him to get his ass in gear!
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula   Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:18 pm

1 - gruffalo
2 - montreal
3 - stb
4 - jagr meisters
5 - top shelf
6 - grumpy's master
7 - polar bear attack
8 - sound tigers
9 - sittin pretty
10 - dudes
11 - skidz
12 - gdon
13 - redcanes
14 - chilly
15 - original six
16 - olympctm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula   Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Future Rookie Drafts Draft Order Formula
Page 1 of 1